Common Life (marriage to Israeli) Immigration Department


Common Life (marriage to Israeli)

According to Israeli law, those in a genuine and monogamous relationship with an Israeli citizen, may remain and work in Israel on this basis. It is necessary to prove that the relationship is genuine in order to secure such a visa.

Marriage is not a mandatory request and same-sex partners may also go through this process (However will face longer process).

Common Life Process is meant to test the sincerity of the relationship and it is mainly relevant to an Israeli citizen that married a foreign national.

The process allows a General B-1 Work Permit to be issued to the Spouse/Partner, Israeli Temporary Residency and ID and eventually, after 5-7 years, usually, of common life in Israel (depends also if the couple is married or not), full citizenship may be issued to the foreign spouse/partner.

For more information, please do not hesitate to contact our firm at